David Oakley has a new book out called Nobody Eats Parsley and it is one not to miss!
What makes this book different?
1. Nobody Eats Parsley is 65,000 words and only 2% of them would be considered profanity. Doesn’t seem like much, but my mom is not happy that there are over 1300 cuss words in my book.
2. I can’t think of another book that has 4 different essays about underwear.
3. No one else has ever written from my point of view. I have always seen things from a different perspective. That’s why my name is upside down on the BooneOakley building.
4. I’m offering a money back guarantee on it. If you don’t like it, I’ll refund your money. In person only. In Las Vegas.
5. It’s a collection of stories from the ‘hood. Fatherhood and Parenthood.
Get in on Amazon or David’s website!
About the Author
DAVID OAKLEY has been telling brand stories at BooneOakley for years. He has won many prestigious honors, including the Kaopectate Award in the eighth grade for having diarrhea of the mouth. His first book, Why Is Your Name Upside Down?, is full of stories from his life in advertising. Despite this, he was recently inducted into the North Carolina Advertising Hall of Fame. He lives with his wife Claire and their dog Walter in Charlotte, where they raised Sydney and Lucas. He loves his family very much and hopes they still love him after reading Nobody Eats Parsley.
NEW BOOK OUT – ACORNS & ROOTS
An indestructible object full of strong magic, tempting the darkest of souls. Rare rainbow roots that are sold for a high price in the city, offering a young man a way to pay rent as he faces eviction. The secret to taking down a corrupt king and avoiding disenchantment, if a young Pixie succeeds in reaching her destination.
It is believed that all of these things can be found in the Valley, accessed through an Enchanted Forest that is struggling to survive against a dark magic- harnessing monarchy. A rebellion is stirring, and when Forest Pixie Fillii falls from a tree, landing directly on top of unemployed Amer (who doesn’t believe in things like Enchanted Forests), their journeys and worlds literally collide.
With vastly different yet strangely similar backgrounds and experiences, Fillii and Amer must both decide whether they can afford to trust each other, and what is worth fighting for.
Joined by magical creatures such as Elves and a Caribou army, Fillii and Amer find themselves in the midst of an epic battle of survival, old magic, and secrets carved in stone.
About the Author
Megs Calleja is a Canadian writer and actor, whose professional screenwriting has aired with TELUS and The CW. A member of the Playwrights Guild of Canada, Megs is inspired by magical wardrobes, shooting stars, marmalade on toast, and dancing in the rain. This is her first novel.
Buy the book here: https://www.amazon.ca/Acorns-Roots-Megs-Calleja/dp/1525561170/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=acorns+%26+roots&qid=1605223167&sr=8-1
Thank you to our Patreon Supporters:
- Christine (https://purplemanatees.org)
- Chris Connors (https://thisandthatbooksca.wordpress.com)
- Zayne (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLRPnDtFekKomHLYmIdHDDg)
Get your name/blog added to our blog posts and Youtube videos by supporting us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/breakevenbooks
I did the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag to keep on theme with my Anti TBR tag earlier in the week. I promise I will talk about books I like again next week. Comment below what unpopular opinions you have about books! Check out the video below: